Misadventures
4:46 PM | Author: Misty
So I think I did OK on my MAT. They gave me a preliminary scaled score, but it's really hard to interpret. The score is on a scale of 200-600, with 400 being the average. I made a 444. But assuming that "average" means 50th percentile, then I'm golden, because that's what I have to make to get into the secondary education master's program.

So after I took the test yesterday, I got a flat tire on the way home. I called roadside assistance. So I'm sitting in the parking lot behind Calvary with my poor flat-tired car and this guy drives up in an old silver hatchback. He stops, gets out and asks me if I'm the one with the flat tire. Very strange. I swear, he looked just like David Crowder -- he had the goatee (or crowder, if you prefer), crazy hair, and he was really skinny. Well, he finally gets my spare tire put on, and I slowly drive home.

Well, by that time, it was really too late to go get a new tire put on, so I decided I would wait until today. I had class at 7 last night, so I got Mary to take me because I didn't want to drive on my spare tire any more than absolutely necessary. Well, class ended really early, and I had told Mary that I would ride home with Josh and Rebecca, who were planning to leave campus around the time I should have gotten out of class. So, I called Josh and told him I would just walk home. And that I did. It's probably only about a mile, but it was about 8:30 by the time I got going. Ah, well, good exercise, if nothing else.

This morning I woke up and decided that it would be best for me to take the car straight to Wal-Mart and get the tire changed because I wasn't sure how long the spare would hold up. So I missed my 8 a.m. class because I had to take my car to get a new tire. They ended up changing all 4 tires and changing the oil, wiper blades, filter, etc. So much for a low credit card bill next month. But at least all that is taken care of, and I don't have to worry about it again until January. I have decreed that I will do my best to service my car closer to the times recommended. I was almost a year overdue for this service. Not a good thing.

So after that I went to work and decided that I would miss my 12:30 class, too, so that I could make up the hours I missed this morning at work because of my car. I'm trying to get the newsletter to the printer this week, so I'm a little busier than normal.

Tonight I think I will cook, study and (hopefully) go work out. I get to sleep in tomorrow because my 11 a.m. class is canceled, so maybe I will go to the Rec late.
|
This entry was posted on 4:46 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: