Just wanted to provide a few more details and insights about my weekend.

It was definitely a time when some healing took place. Last summer, I decided that I wanted to take my dad to the Iron Bowl this year because he's never been to one, and he LOVES Alabama football. So when I ordered my football tickets, I coughed up the extra $100 and crossed my fingers that I would get tickets to the game. For those of you unfamiliar with this process, students are allowed to order tickets to away games, but you are not guaranteed to get thet tickets; that's based on the number of credit hours you have and how many people order them. Well, long story short, I got the tickets. I sent them to him for his birthday, and he was very excited.

I don't know how best to describe my relationship with my dad. He's always been pretty pushy toward me, sometimes to the point of being borderline verbally abusive. He drinks a lot. He stopped smoking finally after I got bronchitis for about the 6th time when I was a teenager. I know that he really does love me, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

So anyway, we went to the game together this weekend, and for once, it seemed like he really cared ... about me, about the fact that we were doing something together. He didn't criticize me or tease me like he normally does; he actually said the right things for once. It wasn't a perfect day, by any means, but it was a good one.
|
This entry was posted on 10:09 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: