Alas, the weekend is over
2:42 PM | Author: Misty
It was a good one, though. Holly, Jess, Dianne, Lauren and I went to ARDT, which was pretty cool. Like I mentioned before, I love watching people dance. We saw Jarhead after that, and I didn't really like it that much. I thought it was a good movie, but I didn't like it. Lots of nudity, sex scenes and disturbing images. On the other hand, we saw Good Night, and Good Luck on Saturday, and I thought it was absolutely fantastic! I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good flick. It's about Edward R. Murrow and McCarthyism. I learned a lot. We also went out to eat at Buffalo Phil's Saturday night.

Yesterday, a group of us went to O'Charley's after church. We had an interesting run-in with a rather rude hostess. We were given a buzzer when we came in. Well, we had been sitting there for about 20 minutes when the buzzer went off. We got up and walked to the hostess booth. The hostess asked if we had kids; we said no. She took our buzzer and told us to sit back down. We were a little confused. So then a few minutes later, they called our party's name. We walked in there, the hostess looked at us and said, "Oh, you're the Converse party. Go sit back down." So at this point, it's been more than 30 minutes, the restaurant is not terribly busy, and we were all starting to get a little irritated. A few minutes later, Abe went and asked the hostess how much longer it would be. She replied, "Are you with pink shirt?" (referring to Ana). Abe nodded. "I told you it would be just another minute. We're getting your table ready, so sit back down and wait a few more minutes." Now, at this point, I think we were probably all thinking that maybe we should just go eat somewhere else. Finally, they called our party's name, and we walked in to receive directions on where to sit. The hostess was rude again, saying something to the effect of, "Pink shirt, follow her. All of you follow her." It doesn't sound horribly rude in writing, you just have to understand that it was not said in a pleasant manner. So once we sat down, we asked to speak to a manager. We told him what had happened, and he said he was sorry and that he would take care of it. A few minutes later, the hostess came over and made what was obviously a forced apology. Altogether, it was a rather strange experience. But, hey, the food was good! I had lemon artichoke chicken, and it was SOOOOO good!

Last night I led worship at Bible study. I really enjoy doing that a lot. Ana (aka Pink Shirt) helped me out by playing guitar. It ended up being a really good thing she did play, because I broke my D string in the middle of the second song in a three-song set. I think I kinda scared her when I stopped playing and looked at her because she didn't know a couple of the songs very well. She did an awesome job, though. We had a lot of fun with it.

This morning I did my laundry and had Bible study, both of which I seriously needed (OK, maybe the Bible study a little more... :)). I haven't spent any time in the Word lately. Yes, I've been reading lots of Christian books (recently read Every Woman's Battle, Passion & Purity, Captivating; currently reading Breaking Free), but I've been letting those substitute for studying the Word. I also haven't been praying much recently. So I decided to start a topical study on prayer today. One of my first Scriptures was the one where Jesus admonished the disciples for falling asleep in the garden on the night he was arrested. In this passage, Jesus tells them, "The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." That hit home for me, because lately I've been thinking about how I want to grow closer to God through prayer and reading His Word, but I haven't so much been doing it. I tend to sleep the extra hour or sit around watch TV or play on the computer. I've realized lately that I really waste a lot of time. Yes, of course, there are times when I really do just need to veg out in front of the TV or take a nap, or whatever, but I do those things way too often. If you read this, please pray that I will allow God to help me overcome this laziness/apathy/whatever it's called; I've wanted to, and now it's time for it to actually happen.

Anyway, I'm working for the rest of the day, going home for dinner, then it's off to astronomy class for me. Hope tonight's class is short. I have a test Wednesday and a presentation Thursday, and I really need to get ready for both of those!
|
This entry was posted on 2:42 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: