I like her
12:05 PM | Author: Misty
I met with my CSE 390 clinical placement teacher today.

I like her.

She was really nice. Her name is Sabrina Case. She gave me a tour of the building and introduced me to a lot of the folks there. We talked about my schedule for the semester. I'm going to try to go Monday afternoons and Friday mornings to observe, starting Sept. 26. I think it's going to be a fun, worthwhile experience - at least I hope so!

I had some good prayer time this morning on my way to the school. I also have made a decision about church - I'm going to be attending Lighthouse, Rob's church. For anybody who doesn't know about all this, I'll try to make a long story short. Rob was the pastor at my old church. When the other pastor and elders started making the church more "seeker friendly" by watering down the messages and telling Rob he had to do the same, Rob left. I (and a lot of other people) left, as well. I should make clear that people did not leave because Rob left; I think it was more a matter of people had been staying because Rob was there, if that makes sense. Anyway, Rob had not decided what he was going to do after he left, so Rebecca, Holly and I started going to Vineyard Community Church, which is where I currently attend. I've gotten rather involved there, and I really like it a lot. So when Rob told everyone he had definitely decided to start a new church, I was torn between the two. I already committed to help out with the college Bible study, but I had not made a definite decision on which church to attend. Last night I went over to pick up some fliers at Rob's house and spent a good deal of time talking with Taffy. After talking with her, I felt more strongly that I should start going to Rob's church. Then after reading my devo last night and praying this morning, I feel certain that's where I'm supposed to be. I also feel like God is telling me that I need to go now, because if I keep holding on at Vineyard it's going to be harder to leave later. So I'm going to have to e-mail Jon and Wes later today and try to explain all this. It's painful in a way for me to have to leave Vineyard, because I love the church and the people a whole lot, but I'm going where God wants me.

Anyway, beyond that, I'm working the rest of the afternoon, then I have class tonight from 6-9 before chalking the Quad at 10 for Lighthouse.

It's gonna be a busy day, but I'm happy. :)
|
This entry was posted on 12:05 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: