All good in the hood
2:14 PM | Author: Misty
Well, I feel much happier today and things seem to be getting back to normal, thank goodness.

I had to take the TEP writing exam this morning. From what I understand, this basically tells the folks in the College of Education whether I would be ready to go out and teach. They give you a packet with a controversial article and some paper, and you have to agree or disagree with the article. The article I got was about how schools "shortchange African American students." I went out on a limb and disagreed with the author, although I'm sure they would expect most people to just kind of complacently agree. Hale, the author, had some good points, but she focused in too narrowly about helping African American students, so much so that it seemed she wanted to provide a lot of services and opportunities only for black students. She also put a sort of stereotype on black students as being poor and white students as being rich, which I also seriously disagreed with. So, hopefully when I get my grade back, they will find that I presented my arguments well enough. If not, I get to take the test again in the spring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I passed it this time. I also had to sign up for a TEP interview, the other half of this process. That won't happen until next Wednesday.

Well, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, I'm feeling great today, but my sinuses seem to be acting up a bit, so prayers, please. :) I write that because I know that Lauren will read this and pray for me even if nobody else does. Thanks for the encouraging comment yesterday, by the way.

Alright, that's about it. T-minus two days until Chrysalis starts, and I'm almost finished writing my talk... It'll all come together.
|
This entry was posted on 2:14 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: