Here's to good beginnings
4:13 PM | Author: Misty
So we kicked off Lighthouse, Rob's new Bible study Sunday night. It was pretty doggone successful.

We ended up with about 60 people there, more than half of whom signed up for small groups (Rebecca and I are heading up small groups). We've gotten e-mails out to everybody that signed up and are hoping to get groups put together this Sunday. Some of us are getting together tomorrow night to chalk the Quad, and we are hoping to hang up some fliers around campus before the weekend, too. I'm excited! :)

I got back my first paper from CSE 390 today and was disappointed to only have made an 88. I disagreed with some of the things my teacher marked, though, so I talked with her about it after class, and she said she would review it to make sure it was graded fairly. So maybe I will end up with an A (fingers crossed). Today I also had to give a 5-minute mini-lecture in Frank's class. I thought it went OK. Folks at least seemed interested in my topic, and Joe, the guy who sits next to me, said he thought I did a good job. I think it was a little short, but oh well. It's not actually graded, so I'm not too worried about it.

Today I've been trying to get my work hours settled for this week and next week. I'm working a Chrysalis weekend in Tallahassee next weekend, which means I won't be able to work Thursday or Friday, so I had to shuffle my schedule around a bit to work that out. It's going to work, though. I'm excited about Chrysalis. I've got to get on the ball, though, putting music together and e-mailing Sarah, the girl who's doing music with me, and writing a talk that I just found out I am giving (whoever was supposed to do it backed out, but thankfully it's one I've done before, so I kind of have an idea what to talk about).

Tomorrow I have my first meeting with the teacher for my CSE 390 clinical placement. I don't really know what to expect, but I'm hoping we hit it off. I'll try to write again tomorrow evening about how that went (if possible - I have class until 9, then I'm going to have to hit the books!). I'm going to have to buckle down and get a lot of studying done so I'm not behind after Chrysalis.

And finally, about my new obsession - Lost. Wow, what a fantastic television show! I just got season 1 on DVD and have hardly been able to drag myself away from it for homework, school and work. It's incredibly well-written and visually pleasing. It's also well-cast and well-acted. I really, really enjoy it and definitely recommend it to anyone.

Well, anyway, I guess that's all for today. Peace out, yo.
|
This entry was posted on 4:13 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: