Journeying
3:09 PM | Author: Misty
Small group was pretty doggone good last night.

We chilled as usual and talked for a long time. Then Jill had us just sit and write to God about what's been going on with us lately. The quiet and stillness was a really good means of being able to hear Him... and He hit me hard. I realized last night that He has to be No. 1 in all aspects of my life, or He's not No. 1 at all. Right now... He's not No. 1. Life is definitely a daily struggle between what my flesh wants and what my spirit knows is His will. I don't want to settle for less than what He has for me, but sometimes it's just so much easier to not even try. I'm so grateful and glad to know that His plan for me is so much better than what I could ever come up with on my own and that He loves me, and that is why I keep pressing on.

Speaking of His plan for me, I looked at the UA graduate catalog yesterday. I'm seriously considering getting my master's in secondary education and going overseas to either teach missionaries' kids or to teach English as a second language. I really feel deep down that I will at least spend a few years overseas. I love traveling, and I love other cultures. And when I was looking at all the information about the education degree, I was really excited about it. I'm praying that He will show me if this is what He wants for me.

The journey is hard sometimes, but it's never boring.
|
This entry was posted on 3:09 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 7:41 PM, July 28, 2005 , Anonymous said...

I will pray for Him to show you guidance as well, Misty.

-Christina

 
On 7:42 PM, July 28, 2005 , Anonymous said...

I will pray for Him to show you guidance as well, Misty.

-Christina