So this is the third blog I've created.

But my intention is to actually update this one regularly. Maybe it'll work out.

Today was a reasonably good day. My discovery for the day is that newspaper advertising is even more insanely expensive than I previously thought. Seriously, a one-time, full-color, one-page ad in the Birmingham News costs more than my car. I spent most of my workday researching this, along with doing some research on Lean and Kaizen teams. Really, nothing too exciting.

My friend David e-mailed me and asked me to pray for him and his wife as they travel to Arizona for an interview for a youth pastor position. Dave really wants to pastor at a church somewhere, but he's going for this interview because it's sort of the best thing that's come up so far. I think it's an exciting place to be in, not knowing what's going to come next and having to trust God to take you where He wants you. It's hard, too, though. Before I got my PR assistant job (which pays for my tuition, plus gives me a stipend), I really had no idea what I was going to do after I finished my undergraduate degree. I am definitely glad God is teaching me how to focus on Him and not worry about what's going on around me so much. I think that's an important part of the Christian growth process.

One of the biggest things God is teaching me lately, I think, is just how to wait on Him and be satisfied with Him. I started reading Passion & Purity by Elizabeth Elliot over the weekend, and it's giving me a new perspective on dating and relationships. Something I often struggle with is a worry that I will never get married. I'm learning (I think) how to be OK with that idea. I'm also learning that being OK with it doesn't mean being resigned to it; it just means realizing that even if I don't have a husband, Jesus is enough. That makes me think of the song:

And all of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough


Anyway, tonight we have small group over at Jill's and Michael's house. It's always a good time. I'm glad I'm starting to get to know some of the folks from Vineyard. Rebecca, Jessica and I went to Lake Day at Lori's on Sunday, and I'm really glad we did, because it was good hang-out time with a bunch of the people from the church.

I guess that's all I have to say for now. I will end with my quote for the day, from an e-mail I received earlier:

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you have to blow your nose."


|
This entry was posted on 5:38 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: