Attack of the killer rakes!
12:07 PM | Author: Misty
Yesterday afternoon, I got attacked by rakes in Target.

You think I'm kidding? It was a scary event. I was looking for a pushbroom to get all the leaves out of our driveway (whoever our new neighbors hired to do their yardwork simply blew the leaves into our driveway rather than blowing them down to the road). So, first off, I had to walk all the way to the grocery side of the store to find someone who could give me an idea of where the pushbrooms might be. Then when I finally found what was apparently the single pushbroom that Target had, it was stacked in with some haphazardly hanging rakes. So I reach for the pushbroom and to my surprise, about 12 really heavy garden rakes fall on me.

For the briefest of moments, I thought about falling on the floor and screaming.

I did not hit the floor, although I came pretty close. Apparently the rakes falling was pretty loud because about 6 other people came running to ask if I was OK. Were any of those 6 folks employed by Target? Nope. I had to go find a guy to tell him that the rakes fell on me and to get him to straighten them in such a way that they wouldn't fall on anyone else. He didn't even ask me if I was OK, and he looked a little pissed off that I had made him leave whatever task he was working on to help me. (I am OK, just a few bumps and bruises, by the way)

One good thing was that after all the rakes hit the ground, I was able to get my pushbroom with no problems.

So anyway, I was a little flustered when I left Target, so I went straight home and started working on sweeping up the leaves. I guess I worked for about 2 hours before I finally decided that I was too tired and hot to keep going. I got a lot done, though. I think I'm going to work on the back yard today and maybe try to figure out how to get the leaves into a garbage bag. Once we get the leaves cleaned up, I have to call our landlord and find out if he's going to come cut our grass soon, because it's getting really high. Our back yard looks like a jungle.

Last night I was so tired that I went to bed at 10 and didn't get up until about 7:30 this morning. I meant to go help hand out newspapers with my church (it's a weekly thing they do during morning rush hour), but I slept too late.

This afternoon, I'm going to be at work until I get off at 4:45, then I will probably go home and work on our back yard. I have small group at 8 at the Benders'. I'm also waiting to hear if I can take a half-day off Friday so I can go to the beach. I really hope so...!
|
This entry was posted on 12:07 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: