Here's what I've decided
4:04 PM | Author: Misty
I think that God has recently poured a gift of mercy out on me. I felt like I had this gift before, and I've even had people tell me before that I have it, but here lately my heart just breaks over EVERYTHING. I was reading a story earlier on cnn.com about this guy that shot a bunch of kids at his middle school when he was thirteen and how he's about to get out of jail, and I just cried over it. Not crying because he's getting out, just crying over the fact that a child would possibly want to do something like that and over how he has no way to know what he's missed in the 8 years he's been in jail, and now his life is not going to be the same as it could have been.

That's just an example of the type of thing that's kind of set me off of late, mostly since I got back from India. In a way, I'm glad, because I think feeling that strongly helps me to be able to minister to people that might not otherwise be ministered to. It's hard, too, though, to have my heart broken daily for people who have no idea ... about a lot of things, I think.

I don't know if any of that makes any sense, but I felt the need to write about it.
|
This entry was posted on 4:04 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: