First day of school!
2:51 PM | Author: Misty
Fall classes started today.

I've only had one class so far. It was my CSE 493 Diversity Seminar class, which met at 11 this morning. I really like the teacher, and I actually really enjoyed the class time. The class is extremely small (7 students), which is cool. I was a little nervous about going, because it's my first education class, but I think I'll do fine in it. My educational psychology class meets tonight; that one should be interesting.

I really want to stay disciplined this semester and make the Dean's list. I've come somewhat close before with a 3.33 GPA, but I honestly think I can do it if I'll just buckle down and study and go to class. Besides that, a good GPA this semester will help out with being able to start grad school in January.

Some goals for this semester:
3.5 overall GPA
No unexcused absences from any class
Go to the gym at least twice a week
Lose 10 pounds
Make a 60 on my MAT
Pass the Praxis II and the APPT

Other random thing about today: I was officially one of the "tank top, skirt, flipflops and cute purse" girls you see walking around campus. It felt kinda strange since I would normally wear a T-shirt and jeans to class, but since I work pretty much every day, I have to dress a little more nicely.

Here's my thought for the day, which might not make sense if you don't read the whole article:

Always go to the funeral' means that I have to do the right thing when I really, really don't feel like it. I have to remind myself of it when I could make some small gesture, but I don't really have to and I definitely don't want to. I'm talking about those things that represent only inconvenience to me, but the world to the other guy. You know, the painfully underattended birthday party. The hospital visit during happy hour. ... In my humdrum life, the daily battle hasn't been good versus evil. It's hardly so epic. Most days, my real battle is doing good versus doing nothing.


Here's the URL for that story: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4785079
|
This entry was posted on 2:51 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: