Weekend update
10:04 AM | Author: Misty
We are the winners!

My church-league softball team played in the league tournament championship last night. We played Cornerstone, a very good team that we'd played several times already this year. We ended up having to play two games because we lost the first one (5-4). Then we beat them 10-0 in the second game! It was fantastic! I am incredibly sore today, though.

Highlight of this morning: I stopped by Bad Ass on my way into work because I had a free coffee. 20 oz. Creme Brulee Latte. Mmmmm. And a bacon, egg and cheese English muffin. Yum!

I'm headed home to the parents' house this evening. I'm planning to leave work at 12:30ish so I can get some stuff done around my house before I hit the road. I still have to pack, but that shouldn't be too hard since I have some stuff that I never unpacked from last weekend. I need to clean out my car. I need to do some dishes. I really should sweep the floors of the house. There are several other things I really need to get done soon around the house, cleaning-wise, but I will continue to put them off for now. I think my house is beginning to feel neglected.

Tomorrow is the day Kettle will meet some of my family members for the first time. We are going to watch Sarah-Grace in the Little Miss Alabama Forestry pageant in Troy. I told him he didn't have to come, but he's definitely scoring points with my mom and sister by making the effort.

I'll spend Sunday with the fam before heading back to Tuscaloosa, where I'll continue with the same-old, same-old.

My other exciting news is that the same-old, same-old isn't going to be happening for too much longer. I managed to get my bosses to agree to let me leave my current job two weeks earlier, which means that I will actually be able to move at the beginning of August. I'm planning to stay with my parents for the month of August and just put my stuff in storage for that month. Hopefully I will have a job starting at the beginning of September and will be able to move into an apartment around that time, too.

Anyway, that's about it! Great weekends for all of you!
|
This entry was posted on 10:04 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: