Other random thoughts of a Friday
2:17 PM | Author: Misty
I'm so glad it's Friday. The weekends don't come often enough... :)

Kettle and I are going to Six Flags tomorrow, and I'm really excited! It's going to be super-crowded, I'm sure, but it'll still be lots of fun. He hasn't been in a long time, so I'm going to make sure that he at least rides the Superman, the Batman and Goliath. Those are required. He keeps threatening to make me ride the Ninja and the Georgia Scorcher, both of which I hate. I will not be riding either of those!

So today someone asked me a question about summer classes, to which I responded, "I don't know. I'm not taking classes." But as I walked away, I realized that, for the first time, I actually could have responded, "I don't know. I'm not a student."

Holy crap, I'm not a student any more.

I guess this really hasn't sunk in yet because I'm still working as a graduate assistant. But for the first time in 20 years, I am actually not a student. No classes. No professors. No homework. This makes me ponder how much of my identity was tied into the fact that I was a student. I would like to say that it wasn't a lot of my identity, but I know that in some ways it was. I'll no longer be introduced as "Misty, who goes to Alabama." Instead, I'm "Misty, who graduated from Alabama," or "Misty, who works for (fill-in-the-blank)," or "Misty, who lives in Enterprise."

I feel like a lot of things are up in the air right now, but I'm OK with that, I think. I'm excited, even.

On another note, freelance work is awesome. I love it. I will love it even more when I get paid for the projects I'm working on now! :) But seriously, I'm having a lot of fun with the work I'm doing on the side right now. I would love to pick up some more freelance projects eventually.

Anyway, that's about it for today. Peace out.
|
This entry was posted on 2:17 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: