Here's my current top 10 list:

1. Summer is here, and school is OUT! I survived my first semester of grad school with a 3.5 GPA (B is for BOO as someone so eloquently put it ... sorry, can't remember whom ... doggone EN 510 class). I learned so much this semester, especially in my CSE 563 class.

2. Lost is getting really good, and the season finale is coming up in a few weeks. I'm excited...

3. I have some extraordinary friends. They have made the past few weeks immensely more enjoyable. Anybody you can play Skipbo with on a Friday night is cool in my book. And late night trips to Ruby Tuesday plus random road trips to see parents are sweet!

4. Since I actually have a little bit of free time to read, here are a few books I have enjoyed lately: Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder, which I have finally finished and found to be phenomenal; Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver; Me Talk Pretty One by David Sedaris. More to come later this summer...

5. Check out Annaliese's blog (www.annie-are-you-okay.blogspot.com), especially her latest post. I will be making a list soon...

6. I've just recently starting going to Pour Cafe(www.pourcafe.com), but it's awesome! Andy Zipf, who I've heard is great, is playing tonight, along with Zachary Kale, who I know is great. Check it out if you are in T-town!

7. We stopped by Cheesecake Factory on the way home from the Thomas's last night. Vanilla bean cheesecake might be the best thing ever.

8. Crystal Light On-the-Go packets are pretty awesome, especially the peach tea ones!

9. Blockbuster Video has a Rewards Card that you can purchase for $10 per year -- it is totally worth it. I went on a movie-watching frenzy last week, and it did not empty my wallet.

10. Crash. If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. There's a reason it won Best Picture at the Oscars.
|
This entry was posted on 12:29 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: