Brief update - New Orleans
5:33 PM | Author: Misty
I will most likely write more about my trip to New Orleans later this week, but I wanted to share some of my favorite photos from the trip.

This is one of the houses we did yard work at. It's been abandoned since the storm, so the yard was horrendous. It's actually in a pretty nice neighborhood, or what was a pretty nice neighborhood before Katrina hit.

nola flag and house - bw

nola x - bw

Here's me in the middle of the weeds in one of the lots we worked on. Notice that the weeds are more than a foot taller than me!

me in weeds

The rest of these are from the 9th Ward, which was the area hardest hit when the levy broke.

9th ward home - bw2

9th ward house - bw2

9th ward door - bw

9th ward car - bw
|
This entry was posted on 5:33 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: