Week in Review - Jan. 31 (but barely!)
11:33 PM | Author: Misty
It's been a week. Seriously.

To start on a happy note, Ranger and Rosie have been getting along grandly! After the first couple days, Ranger really started to warm up to her, and they've had a blast playing with each other when we take them outside! Ranger's really gentle with her since she's so much smaller than him, and she definitely holds her own. They tumble around, and she punches him in the face! Leads us to think she may have a little Boxer in her ...

Bobby and I also took Rosie for her first vet visit on Monday, and it turns out she's probably about 10 months old, as opposed to 4 months like the shelter thought. That means she's probably not going to grow a whole lot more. So we have a perpetually cute, little dog! Everything looked pretty good at the vet. Rosie had to get some hookworm medicine because her test showed a single hookworm egg, and we figured better safe than sorry. She also got some antibiotics to take care of her kennel cough, and she got her rabies shot. She was very well-behaved and took the shot like a champ! She also got spayed on Thursday ... she's recovering well.

I finally got most of my wedding invitations sent today. I'd been needing to get some directions printed off, finally did that earlier tonight and stuck the bulk of the invites into the mailbox. They should ship out Monday, which means folks will get them sometime next week. Next weekend my oldest sister, my mom and one of my aunts is hosting a party for us back home, and I'm looking forward to that. My co-workers also apparently are planning something for us, which I'm excited about, and Ashley, my M(atron)OH is planning a girly pajama party for my bachelorette shindig! Hooray for parties in the upcoming weeks. It's really hard to believe the wedding's only a little more than a month and a half away.

Another thing we've been up to this week has been looking at more houses. We had a really promising prospect in Northport that I liked a lot and Bobby loved, and we went and looked at it twice. We were sort of stuck on making an offer, though, because I haven't subleased my apartment yet. There's a girl coming tomorrow to look at it, but she hasn't given a definite answer, so we have to wait. Well, apparently sometime late yesterday or today someone else made an offer on the Northport house, and Tricia, our realtor, says the seller is most likely going to take it. Bye bye, 30th Street house. We hardly knew you. But I liked Tricia's perspective: It stinks, but it also means that there's something better out there for us. We still like one house in Circlewood, and we're going to keep our eyes open for other stuff we like, too.

There's been a lot of good stuff this week, but there's been some trying stuff, too. I'm not going to go into any detail, but God is really working on me about living forgiveness to people who do things that hurt me. I've mentioned before that I had to learn to show forgiveness to Bobby after some things that happened a while back; this was tough, but I have managed, through God's grace. But there are other people I struggle much more to forgive. God's showing me that this forgiveness has much more to do with me and him than it does with whoever else is involved, because people who wrong me or hurt me aren't always going to say they're sorry, and sometimes I just have to let go and move on anyway. This is very hard for me to do, but I hope I'm learning. I've been very angry and hurt over things in recent months, and I'm ready to move past that and be happy, content and at peace, and that's something that only me and God can work on together.

The thing I'll end on is another happy thing, and hopefully Bobby will read this. I just wanted to say thanks to him for being so sweet and wonderful to me this week and especially today. He showed a lot of patience through some really moody times this week, planned a great birthday for me (which I'll likely be posting about next) and cleaned up my kitchen for me so it won't be dirty when the girl comes and looks at my apartment tomorrow. I love you, Bobby, and thank you for being so kind and loving. I can't wait to be married to you!
|
This entry was posted on 11:33 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: