Yes, it has been a long time
2:37 PM | Author: Misty
I'm not sure that I can sum up the past month in a short post, but I will try to hit the highlights.

Christmas break

Well, I worked the first part of Christmas break and headed to the parents' house on the 23rd. I got to spend a couple of days with my sister Kristy, her friend Beth who came with her, my parents and my sister Amy and her family. Kristy, Beth, my parents and I all played Cranium the night of the 23rd, and we had so much fun. I really enjoy the fact that I can actually do fun things with my parents now. I think this certainly attests to the fact that I really am growing up. It's strange to think that I am officially a college graduate now (even though I am still in college for at least the next couple of years - I do have a degree, though). Anyway, we had a blast playing Cranium that night, and I found out that my mom does a really impressive impersonation of Tina Turner.

My immediate family got together for Christmas on the 24th. That was fun, as always. I loved the fact that everyone got something for Beth so she wouldn't feel left out. Anyway, we ate a bunch of food, opened a bunch of presents, then all kind of sat around, half asleep.

I spent another week at home after this. My dad asked me to do some work for him - he started a gutter repair business, and he needed help with some computer stuff because he is basically computer illiterate. So that took up some time. I also had some time to read, which was fantastic. I read Donald Miller's Blue Like Jazz, which I had heard so much about. God really brought some things into perspective for me. It was a very good thing.

During this week, I also got to spend a lot of time with my mom. We went shopping several times, and she bought me some dishes for the house. I took her out to eat at O'Charley's for her birthday, and we also ate at Zaxby's in Troy one night. I talked to her into watching Finding Neverland with me, and I think she liked it.

The Campbell family also had its Christmas the day before I left town. I really enjoyed it, too. I got to hang out with my cousins, some of whom I had not seen in quite a while. It made me feel kind of old, because some of my baby cousins are starting college and other ones are getting gigantic.

No Comp Gatlinburg 2006

On January 1, I left home for Gatlinburg. I drove up to Atlanta and had lunch with Lauren Davidson, which was SO much fun! I got to see her apartment and meet her puppy Puck. We ate at a Vietnamese restaurant called What the Pho, and it was very good. The smells reminded me of India. We got ice cream afterwards at Brewster's and it was also really yummy.

I drove the rest of the way to Gatlinburg that night. I drove through the mountains and listened to David Crowder Band and marveled at how amazing God is. I had a few good stops in mountain towns and drove through a lot more really fun places. I love the mountains.

No Comp itself was fun and not too exhausting. I slept a lot and didn't get stressed out. Monk and Neagle played the first concert, and it was good, but Shawn McDonald was fantastic! He played our second show. Some of us hung out with him afterward, and I think he was the most random person I've met in a while. We all had a good conversation.



OK, I will update some more later, but now I'm kind of tired, so that's all for now.
|
This entry was posted on 2:37 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: