Deals this week -- May 27, 2009
3:41 PM | Author: Misty
Sadly, this week doesn't look to be quite as good a grocery week as last week was, but the good news for me is that I'll only need to pick up a few things. I'm really aching to hit up the Tuscaloosa Farmers Market, but Bobby and I are going to have company this weekend (Chris and Allie are coming up for the Hillsong United concert Friday night), plus my small group is doing yard work Saturday morning for Ms. Annie.

Still, there are a few good deals I'm planning to take advantage of this week, and here they are.

Publix
Purina Beneful 3.5-lb. bag of dog food
BOGO @ $5.49 ($2.75 each)
Using 2 printable coupons for $3.50 off each from Give a Bowl
Total cost: FREE for 2 bags

Glad Plastic Wrap
Advantage Buy Sale price: $1
Using $1 off coupon found in Publix green summer flier
Total cost: FREE

Strawberries
Sale price: $2.50
Using $1 off printable Target coupon
Total cost: $1.50

Blueberries (to make the blueberry pie Bobby looooooooves -- I'll post a recipe and pics soon)
Sale price: $2.99
Total cost: $2.99

Squash
Sale price: $.99/lb.
Total cost: ~$2

Green beans
Sale price: $1.29/lb.
Total cost: ~$1.29

I've also heard that some Oral B toothbrushes may be on clearance at Publix, so I'm going to try to take advantage of that to get a free new toothbrush for Bobby. I have a $1 off coupon from Publix and a $.75 off manufacturer coupon I'm hoping to stack!

CVS
Transaction #1:
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 55 1 oz. (2)
Sale price: $1.99 each ($3.98 total)
Extra Care Bucks (ECB) to be received: $10
Total cost: $3.98

Transaction #2:
Colgate Total
Sale price: $2.99
Using $1 off manufacturer coupon
ECB to be received: $2

Gain Detergent
Sale price: $5.99
ECB to be received: $3

Acnefree Pockmark Filler (don't need -- just buying as filler/for ECB)
Sale price: $1.99 (if still available)
ECB to be received: $5

Total for Transaction #2: $10 (paid in $10 ECB from first transaction)
ECB earned for Transaction #2: $10

Transaction #3:
Speed Stick Pro Deodorant (for Bobby)
Sale price: $3.99
ECB to be received: $3.99

Purina Beggin' Strips
Sale price: $2.99
Using printable coupon for $3 off for getting a pet insurance quote (use code B3KCA)
Total cost: FREE

Filler - $1

Total for Transaction #3: $5 (paid in $5 ECB from previous transaction)
ECB earned for Transaction #3: $3.99

Total spent out-of-pocket at CVS: $3.98
Total ECB left after all purchases: $8.99

Of course, this may change if I can't find some of the items I'm looking for, but ideally this is everything I'll buy at CVS.

Target
I don't have any current plans to make any further purchases at Target, but I may peruse the meat sales there. I'll make a post later in the week if I find any good deals!

I'll likely post an update after my shopping trip to detail how successful (or not) it was. This is really the first time I've worked at the CVS deals like this, and several of these items are good stock-ups for us, so I'm eager to see if it works out. If nothing else, I'll get free dog treats out of the deal!
|
This entry was posted on 3:41 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: