Updatery
10:22 PM | Author: Misty
Let me start by saying I am feeling better about life.

I still miss Tuscaloosa (and all the people there) like crazy, but things are getting better here.

For starters, last Friday night I went out with a friend from work (Stephanie), and we had fun. That made two weekends in a row where I got girl time, which is much-needed for me. We went to Montgomery and had dinner, and she successfully convinced me that I don't really want a tattoo. :)

I pretty much wasted the day Saturday by sitting at work and stealing the Internet.

This week has been just about as crazily busy at work as any other week has been since I started my job, but it is actually getting more manageable. On Wednesday I didn't have to come into work until 1:30 because it was my first night laying out the paper, so I was actually able to get a workout in before work.

I worked out again tonight after work with Stephanie, who has been going with me to the gym about once a week the past few weeks, and her roommate (Ashley, I think?). I'm really working on losing some weight and getting in (MUCH) better shape, because I've been wanting to do that for a while.

Kettle and I are planning to do something fun on Saturday, which I think will be good, because we haven't been getting to spend a lot of time together during the week. I think we're going to take Ranger out to the park in Eprise, maybe take a picnic lunch, some books and magazines. I'll definitely take my camera, too. I think we might also dedicate part of the afternoon to a picture-taking excursion, something else I've been wanting to do. I haven't gotten to take a whole lot of pictures recently (aside from pictures I take for work, which is fun, too), so I'm sort of excited about that.

I'm also considering asking if I can sell some of my photos at the local coffee shop. It might be a nice way to make a little extra money, although I would have to invest to begin with to get them printed and framed. I don't know. I'm not necessarily sure that my stuff is good enough for people to actually want to buy, but I think it would be worth a shot. I'm sure if they don't sell, I could give them to people as gifts.

The coffee shop also has a sort of open-mic night where musicians can sign up to perform on Fridays and Saturdays. I'm considering it. I haven't played anywhere in a while, so it would probably be fun, but I don't know. I would be more comfortable if I had someone else to sing or play with me, I think. I might try to talk Brittany (the girl friend I went shopping with the other weekend) into performing with me sometime soon.

Oh, yeah, and I almost forgot. Kettle and I visited the Dothan Vineyard Sunday. It wasn't spectacular, but it was OK, and I think we will go back for a second visit. The people were really friendly, and they have a lot of stuff going on with outreach, ministry and missions, so those were both pluses. The negatives were that the worship wasn't very good and the message was only OK. Still, worth checking out again. I don't think we will go back this Sunday, because Meemaw's birthday party is Sunday afternoon, but we will probably go back there soon.

I'm also starting to look at apartments in Troy. Living with my parents saves me money, it's true, but I think living in Troy would benefit me in a lot of other ways - I would be less tired at the end of the day if I didn't have to commute so far, I would save gas money (tons of it), I could go home for lunch during the day, I could actually cook dinner for myself, and it would be easier to have an actual social life. So I'm seriously considering renting if something decent pops up. I don't know. Kettle wants to move to Troy, too, so I'm not really sure how it's going to work for us. I guess if it comes down to it, I will give him first preference since I do have a free place to stay and it's not doing me any serious harm to stay here.

The other thing that I think I would like about living in Troy is that I feel like it might give me the chance to actually get involved in something. I am really wanting to serve in some way. I feel like these past few months have been a lot about me, and I think I am ready to move away from that. So, yeah ... hopefully something will come up!

Well, anyway, that's the random update of all the random things that popped into my head while I was typing this. Hope everyone (all three of you that read this) is doing fantastic. If you have read this far, let me know how you are doing and what's happening in your life!
|
This entry was posted on 10:22 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: